Skip to main content

Accidental Thoughts Updated

Accidental Thoughts
I was in a serious accident on Jan 3rd 2010.
A Yukon truck rear ended us in a Honda Accord. Me and my wife were in the back seat and our friends Bob and Alane were in the front seats.
I have been trying to remember as much as possible. I feel that is important to remember my thoughts during this incident.
The qoutes are my thoughts.
Only unconscious for 20 seconds (woke up screaming) but when I came to it felt like I had been asleep for eight hours.
Continued at ... http://sphereeffect.blogspot.com/

Have trouble remembering what I saw during unconscious.
People. Alone. Relaxed.
I was like a cloud, floating over the world seeing and feeling everything. Alone but not alone. At peace.
First thought "just like Dune, many places at once. I'm trapped. Can't feel right side of body. Face hurts. Taste blood. I can move fingers and toes. That's good! Everyone screaming crying"
Saw movement from others in car.
"Car accident. Oh crap!" Feel relaxed."
Can only see wifes knee. Hear her crying. She says she is okay. "I know she is scared. Must try to keep her calm".
Asking each other if they are okay. Alane is crying. Why, why, why she is saying.
I pull back my hood from my jacket. "Where is my glasses? Oh this sucks".
"my body is in a weird position... My back is really going to hurt later."
Outside of car someone says help is coming.
Driver uses phone. "Bob". Calls his sisterinlaw. "We just left her house. Stephine. Watched football game. We won. Good! Knocked other team out of playoff. It was NOT Bob's fault. Someone else did this. Sorry about the car."
Try not to move someone says. "Was that Alane?"
"Seatbelt still on. There are going to have to cut that. Sorry bob."
Keep seeing someone walking outside of car.
Can feel face swelling up. "Did I bust my lip? Damn". Run tougue along inside of bloody mouth. "No teeth seem to be busted. Great!
Can only touch wifes knee. Can not see her. Why? Drivers seat is far back in lay back postion. That's strange."
Can hear her crying. "Must make sure they get her out first. Must try to keep her calm. Do not tell her that you think right side of your body feels crunched. Did I break my arm or my shoulder?"
"I can not believe how relaxed I feel. I should be freaking out."
"Damn. No one can find my glasses. Hehe that chick from scobby doo."

Seems like 15 20 minutes (told later it was only two minutes) before I hear sirens. Longer than that before fireman is asking us how we are doing. I give thumbs up. I hear him say "someone is alive back here". The guy in the back gave thumbs up I hear someone outside the car say.
Someone puts collars around our necks. "they do not want us to move...moving means being paratlased. "
We need to cover your head one of the firemen says. Puts white towel over my head. No... I'm not dead, "cause of the glass that makes sense."
"Quit calling me Don, It's Doug! Don't make me forget my own name I was just in an accident. I know I told them Doug. Douglas.. I live in Dundalk...not 10681 calle..."
"Good...they got Bob and Alane out of car. Damn it must of been a really bad accident cause they are still trying to cut me out. Jaws of life. Wow, I'm relaxed. Where was I a minute ago? Not asleep! Many places at once. Did I just die? Where was I? Damn I can not remember."
"They are trying to get Terri out. Do not call her Teresa or ma'am she'll get mad. Terri it's okay (am I speaking out loud) let them help you. I'll be okay. Just do what they tell you."
I want to go with him I hear Terri say. He is not going to the same place your going Terri I hear someone else say. I'll be okay I tell her.
"I need to go to a different hospital? Shit I must look pretty bad. I hope I'm not crippled."
I see her knee move out of my limited field of vision. "Good they got her out. They will take good care of her."
I still hear them cutting me out. No one is left in car but me. "Wow, its lonely. I'm glad everyone else is okay. I wish I can help them. I'd rather be crippled then to have them be in pain. I'm trapped! How the hell did all this metal get around me! This is kind of creepy being here all alone. But yet I still feel so relaxed. Odd."

Don (its doug) we need to take you out through this side (terri's side) of the car a fireman says.
Then they push the drivers seat forward and start ripping the metal away from me.
I can finally see an exit out. It's tight. Focus.
They bring a backboard into the car. They get it as close as they can to me. It seems a mile away.
Try to slide yourself on to this backboard someone says.
I have to push my body up with my legs. Crap. I can't feel my right arm. Why am I humming?
The backboard is at an odd angle but somehow I get on it.
And then I'm out of the car. People are strapping me down. Putting blankets over my body. Damn. I can't move my head. I want to see the car.
How many people are standing over me? Is that someone with a camera? What am I humming to myself? I feel relaxed. Odd.
"Damn it's windy and cold."

Trying remember what I saw during unconscious keeps me awake more than anything.
I also have been having bad dreams lately. Afraid I will wake up inside a coffin....trapped!

I'll update more as I remember.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog